Monday, June 30, 2008

Nancy in a Top Hat


Nancy in a Top Hat oil on canvas 24"x36"
Nancy is a pretty cool character. She wears many hats. In this painting, she happens to be wearing Keith’s top hat. I’ve painted her once before. That time, as a madam. She was wearing a hat then too.

Towards the end of the session with her as the model, she said she thought it would be a good idea to make her into a clown. I thought it was a good idea too (' you kiddin?!), so I added that in the last sitting. That was a hoot. :) Here are some details...


3 comments:

berto xxx said...

Having fun reading of your blog.


berto xxx

Brian Weisz said...

Hey Vanessa, the brushwork is very inspiring. Any new paintings to show? My "change" painting is comin' along, I just hope I'll be able to finish it how I see it in my head. Looking forward to next semester.

Gabriel Hunt draws sometimes said...

Thanks for the close-ups. I don't get to stare at it up close any more.