submerged



















Submerged
– oil on canvas – 8x10”

The low sometimes feels like this.
Not disconnected, but connected to the wrong things.
And any sort of placebo is just a double-edged sword.
It seems the only things true and sound
Are completely out of focus.
So I yearn for focus.

Painting this, though frustrating, brought the focus back.
There are things I hate about this painting.
But what I love about it is that it came from all of that.
And at the same time, brought me out of it.
















Comments

Anonymous said…
Connected to the wrong things is a good way of putting it.

What do you hate about the painting?
Anonymous said…
I agree with Val. I certainly know what it's like to be connected to the wrong things.

This theme is really cool. The juxtaposition of flesh and machinery, and of consciousness and paralysis.

Popular Posts